Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Wall.... Of Shame?


Tradition tells us that a new year is a time for change, a time to do something different in your life. Today, as my first order of business, I took down the words written on my wall. “Don’t worry, Be happy.” They seemed harmless at first but truth be told, this morning when I was deciding what I was going to  change about my room, the first thing that came to mind were those stupid words. I don’t need anything or anyone to tell me what to do, and especially how to feel. It’s ok to not always be happy, you have to experience other emotions as well, but the actuality of it was that I didn’t need the words to tell me to be happy… because I already am. I know, its cliché all this self-realization bull on January 1st but I couldn’t resist. I guess what I’m trying to say is DON’T let others control you or your feelings. Don’t even try to control them yourself. Feel what you feel and let nature take its course. So, heres to a new year, heres to a new attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment