Monday, January 2, 2012

Right Place, Right Time


After watching a handful of friends and family struggle with relationships these past few days, a thought came to mind. If it doesn’t work out, there’s a reason. I’m not a firm believer in nature or in god for that matter but I do believe that the universe has its way of making things work out for the better.

One of my friends has a dilemma between which guy she should choose. One is in another state; the other is just a straight up DICK (she realizes this, but has yet to act upon it) . Today, while we were at lunch I decided to tell her what I really think of the situation rather than trying to be a supportive friend but lying to her. “Rach, you can’t lead them both on. You have to decide and trust that your decision is the right one. If its not, there’s a reason for it.”
She responded with “I definitely do not have the balls to do that. I don’t even know where to start.”
I took out a quarter from my purse and told her to choose heads or tails for each guy and once she decided we flipped. It landed, and I chose not to tell her what it was, but rather to ask her to think “In that moment, when the coin was flying in the air, did you know which side you were hoping for it to land on?” She laughed, and realized what she had to do.

I don’t have any experience whatsoever when it comes to relationships. I’m not a therapist, I’m not some guru… what I am though is a believer. If it’s the right time, the right place, the right situation, things will end up how they were meant to and you can't fight that. Let the world take its course and live your life. Don’t dwell on the unchangeable or the unknown and just live.

No comments:

Post a Comment