Bear with me… This is a lengthy post but hopefully worth it.
People ask god, or the universe to send them signs ALL the time. The problem with that is that oftentimes, they don’t realize when the signs are sent.
Although I haven’t seeked any guidance or “signs” from either god or the universe lately, today I inadvertently found myself receiving some.
I bought the most beautiful bracelet from Henri Bendel. I was just immediately attracted to it. It had no significance, I just happened to be in the store and I liked it so I bought it. Later that night, while looking at it with my sister, we decided to make each of the symbols on the bracelet mean something or hold some sort of significance. Firstly, I think it might be a good idea to share with you what is on the bracelet…
On the white enamel of the lustrous gold there is a star, skull, heart, eye, present, Henri Bendel logo and finally a safety pin
The Star
The star reminds its holder to shine through whatever situation you’re in. No matter who’s with you always remember this. You outshine everyone
The Skull
In Mexico, there is a holiday called “Dia los Muertes” which celebrates and honors the dead (with the skull as its emblem.) This symbol represents the fact that we need to remember all the good moments and all people you’ve shared those moments with. But keep in mind not to dwell on the past, as there is no use. You Can't Change it.
The Heart
The heart is there as a reminder to keep yours wide open and to be filled with love and appreciation. Simple enough.
The Eye
This can be interpreted in 2 ways. I like both equally. In Judaism the eye is a symbol that is meant to ward off evil. I’ve also interpreted this eye to mean that you need to keep your own eyes open, and pay attention to all the beauty that we are surrounded by. Appreciate it more often.
The Present
I had a lot of trouble choosing one meaning for this emblem but in the end it was clear… The gift brings surprise to your life. It brings constant amazement and revelation when needed. It keeps life fun and upbeat. Embrace the unknown.
The Logo
Brand names… When I hear Henri Bendel the first thing that comes to mind is fabulous and luxurious… With this logo comes affluence and class… Who can't resist that? Indulge a little.
The Safety Pin
The final token, and my favorite. The safety pin brings everything together. Just as it seems like your life is falling apart the safety pin is here to help and ties everything together. Accept the help.
So hopefully with everything this bracelet holds, a little bit of its greatness will be transferred to me.
| Shitty picture but nothing wrong with a little visual representation |
No comments:
Post a Comment